[/caption]Good old familiar recipes that you can always add a twist to and dress them up. I tried this new recipe on Saturday and just love it!
1 1/2 pounds ground beef (leaner is better)
– 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
– 1/4 teaspoon dried sage
– 1/4 teaspoon parsley
– 1/2 teaspoon dry mustard
– 1/4 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
– 2 cloves garlic, minced
– 1 small onion, finely chopped
– 1/2 cup dry bread crumbs ( I used panko breadcrumbs for this recipe )
• 1/2 cup ketchup or barbecue sauce
– 1 package onion soup mix
– 1 egg
– 1 package pillsbury cresent rolls
– 2 stips of bacon cut in half
Combine all the ingredients and shape into a shallow baking. Cover top of meatloaf with bacon strips. (don’t use a loaf pan as it will be harder to get out to cover with pastry.)
Bake at 350 degrees for 45 minutes. Remove from oven, let cool for a few minutes and use long strips of dough to make a criss-cross pattern.
Return to oven and bake for 15 more minutes or until pastry is golden brown.
** With remaining pastry you can make dough balls or rolls and serve on the side.
Serve with herb potato wedges and vegetables and a mushroom or brown gravy.
A nice way to enjoy and old-fashioned meatloaf.